[tech] Koha is Down

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Oct 20 15:05:41 AWST 2018

On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 12:09:44PM +0800, Katherine Scott wrote:
> UniSFA's Koha is down, and our library is therefore very disfunctional. Are
> you able to look into this for us?

Hi, Katherine! Not sure if you've seen my previous message, maybe it's
the unisfa-committee config? I've quoted it below.

> On another note, I was hoping to arrange a meeting with someone (or
> multiple people) who are familiar with how Koha works so that I can talk
> about changes and other erros to me fixed.
>
> Thank you,
> Katherine Scott,
> UniSFA Librarian

Glad to hear it - and feel free to invite anyone interested and possible
future librarians. I was worried that someone would decide it's all
too hard to run a "real" library system. It's not really, but it takes
_some_ attention.
https://koha-community.org/

The first visible problem is when someone just goes to the following
public address, without even needing to login:
http://unisfa-koha.ucc.asn.au/
  Software error:
  Can't call method "param" on an undefined value at
  /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 491.

It's been doing that since at least Monday, when Simon emailed - has it
been doing that for longer?

Blair popped into UniSFA's clubroom, then UCC chat last night; but a
separate problem stopped us getting much further just then (now fixed). He
was hoping to take a look this morning, but now I think he's off to a
conference for a week.

I think we're going to have to talk people through getting backup and
restores done. Good procedure to know anyway, probably the same thing
that was needed last year?

James' reply to your email from 2018-05-15 makes me think that time was
OK without it.

We could probably make it more robust and self-contained if that would
help, but backups/restores will get us most of the way there, anyway.

I'm not sure if you can log into the unisfa-koha machine as yourself
(Blair can), but that would be a good step. Can you log into a UCC
machine like mussel or motsugo/ssh.ucc.asn.au ? with SSH? If so, we can
get started.

Otherwise, I can visit UWA, or I'll probably be there anyway on Monday
or Tuesday.

Nick.
0419 957 011

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal