[tech] Koha is Down

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Oct 24 16:18:06 AWST 2018

On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 03:30:34PM +0800, Blair Johnson wrote:
> Hi Nick, thanks for taking an interest.
>
> Having a look at the SQL database showed a few errors which might be
> related to a version change - I'm not entirely sure what they mean. Is
> wheel able to access the Koha database? If not then if I can find some time
> I'll see about getting you logged in to have a look.

Hi all! (I guess you're away currently, Blair?)

Yes, UCC wheel can access the database/VM and start to find our way
around - what shall we try next?

mussel: ~/as>echo 'select count(*) from borrowers;'|mariadb --user=kohaadmin -p koha
Enter password:
count(*)
418

> The same goes for the unisfa-koha VM. I think bob has a login as he helped
> to set up the VM, otherwise it's just me.

Bob, James, myself, (wheel) can log in and help, but it's UniSFA's
machine to run, get comfortable with backups of, etc.

Critically, I think Katherine needs a login and perhaps also some
up-and-coming assistant librarian potentials. (they should use really
good passwords https://xkcd.com/936/ so we don't add new problems. :) )

> On Sat, 20 Oct. 2018, 3:05 pm Nick Bannon, <nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au> wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 12:09:44PM +0800, Katherine Scott wrote:
> > Hi, Katherine! Not sure if you've seen my previous message, maybe it's
> > the unisfa-committee config? I've quoted it below.

Could someone check if the previous message(s) were approved? or are
they still waiting to go through?

Katherine: Can you log into UCC machines like mussel or
motsugo/ssh.ucc.asn.au ? with SSH?

> > Otherwise, I can visit UWA, or I'll probably be there anyway on Monday
> > or Tuesday.
> > Nick.

I did indeed visit UWA, but my timing may not have lined up well -
Monday was during a screening, and Tuesday I was busy with some UCC
stuff and when I came back to UniSFA it was shut. When might be good?

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal