[tech] Possible dead clubroom network port & SW webcam

Felix von Perger frekk at ucc.asn.au
Mon Apr 1 16:24:12 AWST 2019

Hi all,

Regarding dead ports, it appears that both port 14 (already known) and
port 11 (recent issue) are not properly functional. Some amount of
connectivity must be possible, since I am able to connect a laptop to
the port and get a link-layer connection, although possibly not any
actual data. [untested]

In any case, my solution to the webcam issue, and now also for the dead
port, was to re-use the 8-port Gigabit switch from the shelf. Currently
it is located on the desk behind Catfish, connected to port 13, and
provides networking to the SW webcam and Catfish.

Best regards,
Felix [FVP]