[ucc-announce] New Door Group Regime

Nick Rohrlach [email protected]
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:57:19 +0800 (WST)

Hello,

You might have noticed a few weeks ago, Cameron Hall got rekeyed.  Along
with this, the Guild has drawn up new rules that only the President gets a
copy of the key to the clubroom, no one gets a key to the Cameron Hall
building and each clubroom must have an Exec member in at all times.  The
executive are able to sign a form and borrow the key but no one else may
do this.

This obviously causes us very large problems.  In response to this, I have
organised an official exemption for UCC to these rules.  The compromise
that was reached (and we've been more compromised by this than the guild
but it is their building) is that we are allowed to have a 6 member door
group that is allowed to be the responsible person in the room and to sign
out the key at any stage.  This means one of  these 6 people and the 4
exec must be in the room at any one time.

Therefore, the committee has automatically removed every one from door
group and the following 6 people have been added to the new door.

- [ACK] Rob Slaughter (ack) - He's always around
- [BMW] Brad Wake (thebmw) - A fresher
- [CMG] Chris Grubb (maelstrm) - The current top scorer for Glines [1]
- [CSB] Chas Stan-Bishop (chas) - Organiser of the Sleepover!
- [NTU] Nick Bannon (nick) - A long-term UCCan and former OCM
- [OGM] Oliver Mailes (omailes) - Current OCM and Unisfa President

If you have been omitted from this list, but feel strongly about why you
should be on it, please email me personally (bers@ucc) and I will talk it
over with you.

The access for door group members will be changed over the weekend.  We
are not sure how this will affect the bin roster at this stage.

It goes without saying that climbing down from the loft to circumvent
these rules is NOT allowed.  You will get us in trouble with the Guild and
such behaviour is NOT condoned by the current committee.

We hope to negotiate concessions to this restrictive policy with a future
guild hierarchy but in the mean time, please bear with us as we tweak the
way we operate.  I certainly cannot stop anyone emailing the current
Guild President, Ryan Batchelor ([email protected]) and
expressing their opinion on this.  Though it must be noted that we are
getting a much better deal than a lot of the other clubs - we are the
only ones getting an exemption, so be happy about that.

Regards,

Nick Rohrlach on behalf of the UCC 2002 Committee

Footnotes:
[1] But not for long, mwuahahahaha....

--
 Nick "bers" Rohrlach [NRR]