[ucc-announce] Sysadmin Day Drinks - Appreciate yourself

David Adam zanchey @.at.@ ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jul 27 21:40:39 WST 2005

Hi everyone,

As some of you may know, this Friday is that most wonderful of holidays...

System Administrator Appreciation Day
http://www.sysadminday.com/ (somewhat sucky web page)

Now, I can almost guarantee that none of the people I support at work will
come up to me and say 'thanks', never mind hand me a gift. This is mainly
because I won't be at work.

In tried and true tradition, I'm going to heal my battered ego by
organising something of a gathering.

WHO: Anyone who is "an individual responsible for maintaining a multi-user
computer system, including a local-area network (LAN), wide-area network
(WAN), Telephone system, or voice-mail system." (You might be in support,
management or engineering - or somewhere else!)

WHERE: Steve's, Nedlands (the bar facing the river). Plenty of parking out
the front.

WHEN: 7:30 PM onward.

BRING: Yourself, companion if you wish, any impressive gifts you were
given by your lusers.

Why Steve's? Well, there's a couple of reasons, but the main one is it's
pretty quiet on a Friday. You'll have to come down to find out the others!

Please feel free to forward this on to others - more == merrier!

Cheers,

David Adam
zanchey @.at.@ ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Golder Associates IT