[ucc-announce] UCC News (t-shirts, UCC LAN, Zone3 and more)

Davyd Madeley davyd at madeley.id.au
Tue May 23 23:15:28 WST 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is UCC News...

==========
 T-Shirts
==========
We are still collecting preorders for the 2006 UCC T-shirt.

    http://www.ucc.asn.au/t-shirts.ucc

You have until THURSDAY to preorder one. We're not going to order
that many extras, so if you want one preorder it. If you're worried
about how you're going to each and afford it, then contact the
committee to discuss a payment plan. Also, everyone who preorders
goes into the draw to win their T-shirt for free.

==========
 UCC::LAN
==========
UCC LAN is happening this weekend! Starting from 3pm Saturday and
going until Sunday morning. As usual, it is free for members and $5
for your friends (or get them to join).

    http://www.ucc.asn.au/infobase/events/

===========
 Zone3 921
===========
The UCC traditionally holds a Midnight2Dawn for people to blast away
the post-exam stress, but this year it's a 9pm till 1am. Come play
"laser tag", the popular game that is sweeping the world with your
friends. Fear not, most UCCans are generally too unfit to be
too good at this game. We'll bring "portable dispense" for those who
get too puffed.

The cost is $30 for members and $35 for non-members. It is happening
on Saturday June 24 at Zone3 Northbridge (248 Newcastle St). Tell us
you're coming online, so we can get an idea of numbers.

    http://ucc.asn.au/zone3.ucc

================
 Spam Filtering
================
Wheel informs us that:
    UCC's spam filtering is now easier to use. If you want
    filtered spam to end up in your 'spam' mailbox rather than
    the main one, make a file '.filter-my-spam' in your home
    directory. By default this uses UWA's spam filter, which is
    fairly reliable at letting genuine mail through. If you want
    better filtering but also more genuine mail tagged as spam,
    make a file '.filter-my-spam-more'. At some stage we'll be
    rotating spam mailboxes every month or so, to avoid chewing
    up disk space - check it every now and then.

======
 Lore
======
The Lore team is still accepting submissions (mostly because they're
really busy). If you have something to contribute to Murphy's Lore.
Subscribe to the Lore list:

============
 Planet UCC
============
Planet UCC is a collection of weblogs written by UCC members. If you
wish to be added to the blog role, contact planet at ucc.asn.au

    http://planet.ucc.asn.au/

You have been reading UCC News, a fortnightly bulletin from the UCC
committee.

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA