[ucc-announce] UCC News for 19 October 2006

David Adam zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Oct 19 12:56:26 WST 2006

$ nc news.u.cc 80
GET / HTTP/1.0

 _   _  ____ ____   _   _
| | | |/ ___/ ___| | \ | | _____      _____
| | | | |  | |     |  \| |/ _ \ \ /\ / / __|
| |_| | |__| |___  | |\  |  __/\ V  V /\__ \
 \___/ \____\____| |_| \_|\___| \_/\_/ |___/
brought to you by the General Business March

Welcome to UCC News, the sporadic attempt to reduce the amount of
[ucc-announce] mail in your inbox!

In this issue:
- Upcoming Events:
   UCC LAN v5ish
   UCC Pizza & Beer Night
- New Web2.0mail Available
- A message from our friends at the Radio Club

UPCOMING EVENTS
===============

UCCLAN vn+1.0
-------------
Attention all poopsockers, scrubs and related gamers! This year's next
UCCLAN is on this Saturday (21st October), starting around 5:00 PM (1700
hours for you FPSy types). Make sure to bring your computer(s) and
networking equipment - we're a club, not a charity. A pizza order will be
made: a whole pizza for $5.00 or some fraction of each if you can find
someone to share with.

Games this time will include DEFCON, various craptastic Warcraft 3 maps,
perhaps some Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory if people are feeling
intelligent, and whatever makes itself popular on the night (democracy
being a fancy word for 'whoever has the loudest voice wins').

UCC Pizza & Beer Night
----------------------
You might have been to one of those fancy-schmancy Wine and Cheese Nights
that pretentious clubs hold. We know what our members like, so we're
holding a Pizza and Beer night at the end of exams - Friday, 17th
November 2006. It's at the UWA Tav; you will need to purchase your own
beer, and about $5 for pizza.

We'll probably head down around 5pm, with the pizza being ordered for 6,
so if you're going to be late you might want to phone your order ahead.

(The UCC encourages responsible drinking, which might mean not drinking at
all, but come down and join us anyway.)

New Web2.0mail Available
========================

All webmail clients suck, but we think we've found one that sucks a bit
less. Roundcube is a new, somewhat experimental webmail client that's
installed on UCC servers and configured to connect to UCC and UWA
(tartarus) mail servers.

Give it a shot at
    https://secure.ucc.asn.au/rcube/

University Radio Club AGM

The University Radio Club is holding its AGM at 12:30pm on the 25th of
October in the Guild meeting room.

All members, and those who would like to be members or are interested, are
invited to attend.

The URC aims to promote interest in all aspects of radio: the technical
side, the social side and the slander of stupid radio personalities.

-------

You've been reading UCC News. We out.
<commmitee at ucc.asn.au>