[ucc-announce] UCC LAN: Halloween Edition

Scott Young splintax at ucc.asn.au
Thu Oct 2 12:16:39 WST 2008

Come blast away your annoyance at how I've simply copied the spiel
that Luke wrote to tell you all about the last LAN at the /next/ UCC
LAN - Halloween Edition! There will be Team Fortress 2, Enemy
Territory, Warcraft 3 and all its spiny^Wspooky offspring, plus some
more! Or maybe not, I guess it depends what people are up for on the
night.

The LAN begins on Friday 31st October at 6:30PM and ends at 10am the
day after. As we're currently desperately seeking more money to
facilitate the purchase on new machines for the clubroom (which, yes,
will be more suitable for gaming than some of the current ones), there
will be a $5 CHARGE FOR ENTRY. If you bring an additional $5 you'll be
able to grab a pizza when we place a Domino's order at around 7:30pm.
As usual, the LAN will be taking place right next to UCC in the
Cameron Hall loft.
Directions can be found at: http://www.ucc.asn.au/aboutucc/contact.ucc

You will need:
1x COMPUTER
1x MONITOR
1x KEYBOARD/MOUSE
1x LAN CABLE
And anything else you need to, uh, "get your game on."

We can normally manage one power-point per attendee, so it is suggested
that you also bring a powerboard if you don't want to risk not being
able to find a convenient source of electrons.

UCC LAN is an alcohol and drug free event.

Hope to see you there!
--
Scott Young
2008 UCC Treasurer