[ucc-announce] Call for Donations, Getting Involved at UCC

Conrad Pogson prothoss at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 19:13:20 WST 2009

Calls for Donations
==============
Recently there has been discussion on purchasing a new air conditioner
for the machine room to replace the current unit. We'll be getting a
larger unit that will allow us to use some of the rack mounted servers
recently acquired. The model chosen is the Kelvinator KWH62CRA for
$943, incl. 7-year extended warranty. Detail can be found at:

    http://www.theelectricdiscounter.com.au/asps/productpage1.asp?model=KWH62CRA&extwarranty=3EWAPP1000

We are hoping that we can get members to donate for this new unit and
hope to have approximately half of the cost covered by donations. To
donate, please register yourself on the list at:

   http://wiki.ucc.asn.au/MoneyMoneyMoney/NewAirCon

Getting Involved at UCC

Depending on your desired project, you should be contacting a number
of lists. It should be pretty clear which projects belong to which
lists, but a basic guide is if you project is of a technical nature
then it belongs on the tech mailing list. Please email this list if
you are going to be fiddling with any equipment that belongs to the
club to ensure no-one else had other plans for it. If it is a social
event then send your email to the ucc list. Finally, if you would just
like to see something changed around the club then you should be
emailing the committee list, if it is a particularly delicate matter
that you would like to have discussed just by the committee and
yourself these is a private mailing list, committee-only, which is
just for this purpose. You do not need permission to post to these
list, so long as your email address is signed up then you will be able
to send to the list.

Documenting current projects can be done via our wiki, available at:

    http://wiki.ucc.asn.au/

If any members have questions related to projects or ideas for
projects but aren't quire sure where to start, please email the ucc
list (ucc at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au) and someone should be able to help you
out!

--
Conrad Pogson