[ucc-announce] Computer Fix-uper-uper

Rowan France rfrance at iinet.net.au
Sat Feb 7 17:02:05 WST 2009

Hello UCCans,

The Fresher Guide for 2009 is progressing nicely, with the majority of the work being done by Scott Young (thanks Scott!).

We still have some more things to do around the club, we're not out of the woods yet!

On monday, we will be having a computer fix up day. We have quite a few machines in various states on functionallity sitting in and about the clubroom. Our plan is to get as many of those functioning as we can. We will attempt to build at least 2 windows and 1 linux machine out of what we have, but more would be better.

I encourage everyone to attend to help out, if you're handy with a screwdriver, we need you!

Futhermore, due to the last cleanup being truely epic, we completely filled the skip, with lots of junk left over. As such, we will be completing the cleanup on Monday as well. Nothing major, we just need to transport stuff down to the skip.

UCC will be open from 10am on Monday, with people around throughout the day.

Regards,

Rowan
UCC Vice President