[ucc-announce] Server downtime - Saturday, November 14 2009

Matt Didcoe matt at didcoe.id.au
Mon Nov 9 19:38:38 WST 2009

Hi everyone,

Apologies for yet another email from ucc-announce within a number of
hours, but the sooner we communicate downtime the better prepared
people can be.

A cleanup has been organised for this coming Saturday, the 14th of
November to get the club tidy before everyone runs off for a well
deserved break (see previous emails from our valiant leader on this
topic, also to ucc-announce).

As part of the cleanup, we will be doing some maintenance on both the
machine room and the servers contained within.

What this means to you
-----------------------------

	Services will be unavailable at some point during the period of 1pm -
5pm on Saturday.

	Mail will disappear completely during this period.

	We aim to keep downtime to a maximum of 90 minutes but this largely
depends on how much work is required to rectify some outstanding
issues (with regards to power) and do some maintenance (resizing /
home, adding disks etc)

	If you have a server in the Machine Room: please have it powered down
gracefully by 1pm on Saturday to ensure the work can occur without us
having to chase people up.

Further Information

For more exact times and information, keep an eye on IRC (#ucc on irc.ucc.asn.au
) and the UCC Status feed (http://twitter.com/ucc_status)/

On another note, if you are attending the cleanup, be advised that
road closures will be in effect for the 'Tour de Perth' cycling race -
a list can be found at http://mattman.ucc.asn.au/notices/roadclosures-141109.pdf

Cheers,
Matt Didcoe [MRD]
UCC Wheel Member