[ucc-announce] UCC Events: Dinner, a Movie, and a LAN

David Adam zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Sep 5 23:36:28 WST 2009

Hi everyone,

We've got a couple of events coming up in the next few weeks:

- Monday at the Movies: Antitrust (Sep 7)
- UCC Annual Dinner 2009 (Sep 18)

and our friends at the ECU Computer and Security Student Association are
hosting:

- MegaLAN, an inter-university LAN event (Sep 19)

More details:

Monday at the Movies: ANTITRUST
===============================

A giant software corporation, who are definitely not called Microsoft,
headed by a man definitely not based on Bill Gates, are not out to take
over the world by charm and force. And hey, you can trust me on this one.

Join us in the UCC on Monday evening for Monday at the Movies. Pizza from
5:30pm with the movie starting at 6:30.

UCC Annual Dinner
=================

The University Computer Club is 35 this year. To celebrate, we're having
dinner at Mez in Northbridge from 7pm on Friday, September 18.

The cost is $40 a head, and more information is available at
http://ucc.asn.au/infobase/events/dinner.ucc

Please RSVP at http://ucc.asn.au/infobase/events/dinner.ucc - there's also
a Facebook event if you're into that sort of thing at
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128222138417

Hope to see you there!

MegaLAN
=======

The ECU Computer and Security Student Association (CASSA, previously
SCISSA) would like to invite all UCC members to their upcoming "MegaLAN"
event.

CASSA MegaLAN2
 - 10am Saturday the 19th of September -to- 12noon Sunday the 20th of
   September
 - Mount Lawley Campus building 15.127
 - $10 for UCC members
 - Bring your own computer + monitor(s) + keyboard + mouse + power board
   + ethernet cable
 - Internet will be available however please update steam games before
   coming
 - XBOX 360 will be available
 - Expect tournament schedule to be posted to www.scissa.org.au closer to
   the event date

Signups at lan.scissa.org.au; more details from http://www.scissa.org.au/

----

As usual, information on all our events is available from the UCC
Calendar: http://ucc.asn.au/infobase/events/

David Adam
UCC Committee 2009
zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au