[ucc-announce] TechTalk: Learn You A XML Technologies for Great Good

Frames oxinabox at ucc.asn.au
Mon Apr 30 12:29:21 WST 2012

Hi all,
A reminder letting you know that UCC is running a Tech Talk this
Thursday at 5:00pm.
(before the quiz night)
The talk is on XML and XSLT.
XML is actually everywhere.
Most software developers, see it everyday.
Whether or not XML is a good thing (we will talk about this at the end),
you will have to deal with it.
So come down, and learn now.
Last I checked the university didn't have a unit covering this. (they
may have one now with the new courses).

The talk will go for somewhere around an hour, maybe a bit more, or less,
and is being presented by myself.

*What to Bring: *your text editor of choice, and a XML and XSLT processor.
All club machines have these, if you want to bring your own, I suggest
libxml for Linux and Visual Studio for windows. In a pinch you can use a
simple text editor (eg notepad) and a web-browser (eg firefox)
*When:* Thursday 5:00pm - 6:00pm
*Who:* anyone who ever plans develop software, or webpages, or vector
images or ...

My slides and examples are online,
http://oxinabox.ucc.asn.au/TechTalks/Xml/
These are just a draft, but feel free to glance over them.
We will be going though them fairly quickly.

This is also letting you know that all clubroom machines will be booted
into Linux,
and people attending the talk will have priority on use.

Frames
UCC OCM
Tech Talk Organiser