[ucc-announce] UCC Camp Scholarship

Andrew Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jul 11 21:56:23 WST 2013

Hi all,

UCC Camp is happening in just over a week! It's time to get your tickets!

As part of making UCC Camp even more awesome than last year, I will be
offering a scholarship to one or more lucky members. The entire camp
ticket price will be covered.

Now, generally scholarships have bizarre criteria on who or what can get
them. I have two (for large values of two):

1. you must be human
2. you must never have gone on a UCC Camp or derivative before
3. you must send me an email of at least 5 letters that says why you want
the scholarship. Special consideration will be given to applicants who
submit their application as a haiku.

In return, you will be expected to attend the camp. And maybe help in the
kitchen once or twice. And defend me against the hordes who want to lynch
me for waking them up to the Super Mario tune. But that's about all.

Applicants will receive a reply next Tuesday after I arbitrarily decide
that your time is up.

There is also a scholarship being offered by coxy, which I'm guessing is
similar to last year. See
http://lists.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/pipermail/ucc/2012-July/016512.html for
more info. I personally think my scholarship is better than coxy's because
DUCC is better than FUCC any day.

Andrew Adamson
bob at ucc.asn.au

|"If you can't beat them, join them, and then beat them."                |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |