[ucc-announce] General Meeting on the 13th February for Constitution Changes

Mitchell Pomery mjpomery at ucc.asn.au
Tue Feb 10 00:06:14 AWST 2015

Hi all,

A reminder that the Ordinary General Meeting for the proposed constitution
changes is on this Friday at 5.30PM. There will be pizza after the meeting
for those that come. Afterwards, there is the Spooky Vigil in Cameron
Hall.

Ordinary General Meeting Facebook Event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1532025017084882/

Spooky Vigil Facebook Event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/703925333051535/

The Agenda for the meeting is as follows:
   - Voting on the following adopting the proposed document as the
     constitution in place of the current constitution

The following resolution will be proposed as a special resolution:
'Resolved, That the constitution hereby be amended according to the
proposed changes put forward and the amended constitution be thereafter
adopted.'

Proposed Constitution:
https://www.ucc.asn.au/files/constitutionchanges2015clean.pdf
Proposed Constitution (Highlighting Major Changes):
https://www.ucc.asn.au/files/constitutionchanges2015.pdf
Current Constitution

The differences to our current constitution are:
   - Removal of Vice President
     - Addition of Education VP and Social VP
   - Removal of one Ordinary Committee Member
     - Addition of Education Officer and Social Officer
   - Increasing the amount the club may borrow or incur in overdrafts from
     $100 to $200
   - Rewording what information we must collect from members in the
     Secretary's duties
   - Better defining the First Year Representatives duties
   - Formally stating that the committee may elect a member of the
     committee into an unfilled executive role until a General Meeting can
     be held to fill it.
   - The meeting can now elects the Chair if the president is absent or
     does not wish to exercise their right.
   - Changes to several numbers to account for a the change in size of the
     committee
   - Several minor changes to grammar and formatting

Thanks,
Mitchell Pomery
UCC President 2014