[ucc-announce] Agenda for Ordinary General Meeting

Andrew Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jan 27 19:31:35 AWST 2017

I would like to call to attention that the short notice for this meeting
is unconstitutional, and the meeting should not proceed. Section 18.2 of
the clubs constitution is as follows:

"The Secretary shall make all reasonable attempts to notify all members
using at least a notice on the club notice-board for ten days preceding
the meeting and an email sent to all addresses on the membership register
at least ten days before the date of the meeting."

As you can see in the email below, only five days notice was given. A few
members have raised this issue with committee via the committee@ mailing
list in the past two days. At a committee meeting today, the committee
elected to go ahead with the OGM tomorrow. I am told that all present
voted in favour of such, and hence I must question the integrity of our
entire current committee.

I call on our president to honour the terms of our constitution as set by
members, and for them to cancel the meeting tomorrow and to reschedule all
agenda items for a later date.

Andrew Adamson
bob at ucc.asn.au

|"If you can't beat them, join them, and then beat them."                |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |