[ucc-announce] Quiz Night, Tech Talks and more! :: OGM Tues 30th April 13:00

Felix von Perger frekk at ucc.asn.au
Sat Apr 13 12:40:16 AWST 2019

Hi all,

Believe it or not, UCC has /even more/ fun events coming up this semester!

*_Tech Talks and more!_*_*
*_

Coming up in the next few weeks and continuing during the semester are a
number of exciting events! *sUbScRiBe tO ThE **UCC mailing list
<https://lists.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/mailman/listinfo/ucc>* to stay informed
on our latest and greatest events.

*Tech talk* - */Coding in Astronomy/* - *Tuesday 16th April, 5:30pm*
(this coming week! Don't miss out!)

    Learn about the electronic and Python internals of the Murchison
    Widefield Array Telescope!//Presented by Andrew Williams [AJW].
    /
    Complimentary pizza will be provided to all attendees!
    *Register your attendance ASAP*/ on the Tech Talk Registration Form
    <https://goo.gl/forms/xTTzFvZ2zUhVpbqn1>/.

    /

*Networking event***- brought to you by **/Aristotle Cloud
Services/****//**- *Wednesday**8th May*

    Sam Spencer is a former UCCan (2011-2009), who now resides in
    Canberra and made the unfortunate decision of founding a startup.

    Learn about what goes into founding a business/startup in Australia,
    building a product, managing open-source and commercial
    responsibilities and the challenges on moving from a developer to a
    business role. Plus a Q&A session where you can meet the whole team!*

    Keep checking your email! More details coming soon!

    *

*Cameron Hall Quiz Night* - *Friday**10th May, 6:30pm* - UWA Tavern

    Unigames, UniSFA, UCC, PantoSoc, and UWAnime present the Cameron
    Hall Quiz Night! 100 questions, 3 minigames, ridiculous table
    rounds, corrupt judges, and prizes that will make you ask "This is
    so valuable! Are you sure our sponsors gave us this on purpose?"

    *Tickets are available now - in dispense, or online at
    **bit.ly/CHallQuiz
    <https://bit.ly/CHallQuiz?fbclid=IwAR3Uaol6JLWNmgCCnMCG8iTpCzB83IHOQPlZLdrlCQMGLxDmetrCvCgv9e0>**!*

    Standard price: *$15 per person.*
    Early bird discount: *$100 per table of 8 until May 3rd.*

    A platter will be provided at each table and the Tav kitchen will be
    open until 8pm. Prizes from the fabulous sponsors Tactics, Stefan's
    Books, White Dwarf, Comic Zone, Quality Comics, Tokyo Underground,
    and more.

    The UWA Tavern is an 18+ venue and ID will be required for entry.
    Drink responsibly and don't drink and drive.

*Vive nights* - weekly on *Thursday* evenings

    Experience virtual reality with our HTC Vive! We have Superhot, Beat
    Saber and more!
    Starting *Thursday* *7th March* (Week 2), in the Cameron Hall Loft
    (just above UCC).
    Pizza or food run will be arranged.*
    *

*
*

_*Ordinary General Meeting & Agenda*_

As many of you may have already heard, [MSX] has resigned from the
position of Secretary and we are calling an Ordinary General Meeting to
elect a replacement.

The meeting will take place in the *Cameron Hall Loft*, starting at
*13:00 on Tuesday 30th April*.

*_Current agenda items_*
> - Committee reports
> - Election of Secretary
>     - Election of any committee positions that subsequently become vacant
> - General business

Nominations for the position of *Secretary* are now open! Please send
any nominations *in advance of the meeting* to committee-only at ucc.asn.au
<mailto:committee-only at ucc.asn.au>.

Hope to see you there!

Best regards,