[ucc-announce] UCC Study Week Events - Study Sesh Wednesday - Movie Night (Procratination) Friday

Grace Rosario mallow at ucc.asn.au
Sun May 26 11:07:40 AWST 2019

Hey UCCans,

It's study week! It's getting to that time of semester when the panic
starts to set in and some students might even be starting to learn the
content for that whole unit they avoided during the semester.
- Hopefully, that's not you, and you are feeling all prepared for your
exams.

Either way, we know that the end of semester can be a pretty stressful
time and UCC wishes everyone the very best with their studying (or
cramming) and hope that you achieve the best results that you can.

Before exams start, UCC has organised some events for study week that we
hope will help encourage everyone to work hard:

UCC Study Sesh - Wednesday - 4pm-7pm
If you would like to come down and study in a group where you can be
peer-pressured into opening your books, we are running a study session
on Wednesday in the club room.
So grab your books, come down, and put your nose to the grindstone with
some like-minded people. Chances are there might even be other people
around studying similar topics or else, drag your friends along.

There will be a no-gaming rule in place for the duration of this event,
so don't worry about getting distracted by games.

Check out the Facebook event here [1]

Procrastination at UCC - Starship Troopers - Friday - 6:30pm-9:30pm
At the end of the week, once you feel confident in your revision, or
maybe you feel like you deserve a break, come down to UCC and watch a
movie with us.

The movie we are going to be watching is Starship Troopers:
The story follows a young soldier named Johnny Rico and his exploits in
the Mobile Infantry while fighting an interstellar war between mankind
and an insectoid species known as "Arachnids".
If you need incentive to do well in your exams, come watch with us and
see how different school test scores can change the path of a life.

Check out the Facebook event here [2]

Study hard and remember that once exams are over, there's a whole 6
weeks to relax before uni starts up again.

UCC CAMP 2019! - 12th July-14th July

If you think that you'll miss us over the break, makes sure that you buy
a ticket to camp, we are still in early-bird pricing until the 16th of
June, which are $70 for students and $90 for non-students.
Make sure that you check out the Facebook event or the UCC wiki [3] for
more details.

Once again, the UCC committee wishes everyone the very best for the next
few weeks.

Best Regards,

Grace Rosario
[MLG]
UCC Secretary

--
"[5] Do it by the book, but be the author" - Peter

Links:
------
[1] https://www.facebook.com/events/401399553783073/
[2] https://www.facebook.com/events/703867490031966/