[Uccarbor] Ok...

Sat Dec 2 21:28:38 WST 2006

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 08:56:17PM +0800, Luke Williams wrote:
> On 12/2/06, Leighton Haynes <dayta at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au> wrote:
> >Ok guys.. thought I'd try to start the ball rolling by asking what
> >people think they're capable of.
>
> I can create pre-rendered music, or generative music with DirectSound.
> Can also do some Direct3D stuff, but don't have much experience in
> using it for real projects. Once there's a framework down I'll be able
> to contribute more in that respect.
>
> Any ideas for a theme?

Umm, a few. None amazingly good. Was playing with an old fairlight CVI
on thursday, and would be kinda cool to recreate some old old effects ;)

Other possible ideas:
  Underwater scene - luminescing jellyfish, etc
  Game of life
  Classic old effects modernised - things that look like old effects but
  which morph into something newer, things like copper bars that do a
  negative effect on the scene etc,

I suspect we're going to run into problems with getting source
models/images, so ideas that minimise the requirements for this stuff
might be wise (I can hit up my friends for a few models here and there,
but not large amounts of stuff).

Leighton...

#0421 113 305 - dayta at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
"Linux is legacy, but it will be a start." Ken Kutaragi - SCE