[Unigames] Unigames Minutes 6th April

Ruisi Chen 21487925 at student.uwa.edu.au
Mon Apr 6 20:57:30 AWST 2015

Unigames Committee Minutes (Monday 6th April 2015)

Apologies: Kieran

Late: Winslade

Meeting Open, 2:00PM Sarah time (12:12PM)

Reports

President

·         Refuses to acknowledge that she is sick

·         Spoke to people about relevant things, details to come later

·         Jake owes me 20 bucks

Vice president

·         Goes to hand over 20 bucks, only has 15 on his person

·         Fresher stuff kind of went places, 2 people showed up on Tuesday

·         Feels a-ok, excited to be leaving

Treasurer

·         The weekly do$h report: $4502.78

·         Paying people for magic this week

·         Got a call from guild finance, missed meeting, will reschedule,
need to sign a thing

·         $600 down from start of month due to camp deposit, roland’s last
book buy, and fresher welcome where we bought too much pizza

·         Everything else is profit

Secretary

·         Struggles with basic competency

·         Jen has done my action items

·         Fresher campaigns don’t seem to be picking up at a rapid place,
will do preliminary timetable without them

Librarian

·         Everyone seems miserable, got payed to play boardgames over the
weekend

Fresher Rep

·         HAS ANYONE SEEN MY RING? (If anyone finds a silver leaf ring,
inform gatekeeper to keep in cupboard)

·         Patrick and I have both put up posts about fresher quiz night
tables, andre is M.IA.

·         Purchased table for freshers, holla

Action Items

·         Sarah: talk to kieran about one shots in Wk 8, quiz night

·         Ryan: LARP, GM panel

·         Winslade: LARP, finance summary of quiz night for Jen, compile
online list of book buy potentials

·         Kieran: One-shots (all of them)

·         Jake: Join Cameron hall forum page before being immediately
removed, fresher campaign on

·         Donald: Magic

·         Jen: Money

·         Ruisi: Timetable, type things

·         Rowan: Keep fighting pirates wherever you are.

Agenda

Camp

·         Giant document for guild and other official things on its way to
them

·         Otherwise [REDACTED]

Quiz Night

·         Everything is awesome

·         Sponsor emails sent out

·         Spoke to Good Games, and to quote Winslade: “BONKERS SHIT FROM
THE VAULT OF ANNHIALATION, LIKE DANG” [hype]

·         Continue Cameron hall forum discussions and dialogues

·         Lara Croft the card game to serve as a cautionary tale for many
years to come when thinking about getting prizes from sponsors

Fresher Campaigns

·         Ongoing

One-shots

·         Sarah and Kieran

·         Core-WoD, scheduled for week 8

Wargaming

·         RIP wargame-lord

Magic

·         Has happened, we got sanctioned!

·         We are playing with the big bois now

GM Panel

·         Event has been posted on facebook (refer for further details)

·         Panellists: Frames, Roland, Cam

PROSH

·         SUCCESS?! We did it! 5 princess leias, the best leia
unfortunately got sick before we actually proshed. This is what we get for
resisting the empire.

·         Massive thanks to everyone, we did done good!

·         Jake had an enormous power trip

·         Ogres are like onions, also unigames committee – we have so many
leias

Swancon

·         Went on the Sunday, turned up at 10am. Mistakes were made, nerds
do not awake before the 11th hour.

·         Panels were not relevan to unigames interests

·         IMPROVEMENT TO BE MADE (so it will be worth the 55 bucks we
spent): Get Frames & co. to introduce you to Rob from WA boardgames
society, talk to him and snoop out hidden gems

·         Then barricade yourself in the gaming room, and play boardgames
of interest to unigames, get the vie, decide whether or not to get it for
the club (like trial run test game)

·         Was this one worth it? Probably not quite. But with improvements,
yeah.

·         Prep and prime next time

Shirts

·         On backburner due to technical issues

·         Like literally computer problems, we can’t access the font

Book buy

·         Monday week 8, after quiz night

Tim Thomas

·         Not sure who this guy is, apparently Winslade has interacted with
him in person

·         Opened Unigames relevant store in Fremantle

·         Negotiating sponsorship terms, support them because they are more
like tactics than they are like Good Games

·         We have until mid-August to do stuff

Emails

·         Security and Guild have been notified of Rowan France

·         Tri-force meeting to occur for talks

General Business

·         Ryan to put 5th ed expansion onto pendo

·         We found a wooden box, decks and stuff, free rares? (Jen woo’s)
Origin and purpose to be confirmed.

·         In an attempt to open UCC door, Jake return with honey soy
chicken chips instead

Meeting close, 1:59 PM Taylor time (1:39PM)