[Unigames] Unigames Update 🐉🎲 THE POST-GAME 12/09

Joseph Brough (21970498) 21970498 at student.uwa.edu.au
Sat Sep 12 16:34:48 AWST 2020

Hi everyone!

Secretary Autumn coming to you live (at the time of writing) with a fresh Unigames newsletter to answer all your burning questions. Is the room still open* and welcoming for study, games, and hangs? Indeed it is! Are we hosting weekly games nights, of the board- and roleplaying- varieties? Absolutely! And do we have a boatload of events trundling over the horizon that you won't wanna miss? Even more than usual!

*Sadly, access to Cameron Hall is still limited to current students and staff (i.e. anyone with a working UWA card). We have organised an exception to the rule for our upcoming Roleplay 4 Life (read the details!!).

News

We're powering through the semester, and have put a healthy dose of games nights under our belt. We tested a new format with our GM Workshop, where everyone got a turn at running their own game - and based on feedback, we'll be looking to bring it back in the future.

Librarian Emerald will be masterminding our next Book Buy on 1/10. All are invite to drop some ideas or votes in the suggestion thread at https://www.facebook.com/groups/uwa.unigames/permalink/3243103309058692/

Fresher campaigns are going strong! If you are a first-time member of the club interested in joining a game, sign up via: https://forms.gle/CJVfWFHA7uCAiZpi7

Upcoming events! (it's a big one)

Week 8 Board Games [Wednesday 16/9]
A fun night of casual board games in Cam Hall.

MTG: Zendakar Rising Prerelease [Sunday 20/9] [This event is open to nonstudents]
It's just you, six packs of Magic cards, and your wits against competition. Signups are $40 (we give you the cards to keep!) and places are strictly limited. Beginner friendly!

More info:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/uwamagic

Roleplay 4 Life [Saturday 26/9 - Sunday 27/9] [This event is open to nonstudents***]
Unigames 24 hour charity event!!! Come on down to this drop in drop out overnight money making extravaganza! There will be games, more different games and the wonderful feeling of using cold hard cash to buy yourself victory, or buy others failure. Drop hundreds of dollars on fighting beloved pop culture characters! Get into bidding wars about how successful your character is!

***Non students MUST RSVP with a photo of ID. Email uwaunigames at gmail.com or FB message a committee member to get yourself on the list ^u^

More info: https://www.facebook.com/events/321485919277613/

Relay for Life [Saturday 10/10 - Sunday 11/10] [This event is open to nonstudents]
The annual over-nighting, lap-running, hang-outing, board-game-playing fundraiser is back again this October, and we'll be taking to the track for a fun evening of sweat and hijinks. All proceeds go to the Cancer Council!

Our fundraising page can be found at https://fundraising.cancer.org.au/goto/Unigains2020/ .You can support the team by signing up to the team, making a donation, or pledging to a teammate that you will donate per lap they run.

If you are worried that the $40 signup fee is an obstacle to your participation, or you are interested in sponsoring a fellow teammate's signup? Drop us a message and we can sort something out.

More info: https://www.facebook.com/events/1601092166735677/

Cameron Hall Quiz Night [Thursday 22/10] [This event is open to nonstudents]
No spoilers for now - but mark your calendars, and get your ticket-securing fingers ready.

Minutes
All of our minutes go live at https://unigames.ucc.asn.au/minutes.php.

The minutes from the committee meeting on 13/08 can be found here<https://unigames.ucc.asn.au/opdocs/minutes/2020/2020-08-13-unigames-minutes.md>.
The minutes from the committee meeting on 20/08 can be found here<https://unigames.ucc.asn.au/opdocs/minutes/2020/2020-08-20-unigames-minutes.md>.
The minutes from the committee meeting on 27/08 can be found here<https://unigames.ucc.asn.au/opdocs/minutes/2020/2020-08-27-unigames-minutes.md>.
The minutes from the committee meeting on 03/09 can be found here<https://unigames.ucc.asn.au/opdocs/minutes/2020/2020-09-03-unigames-minutes.md>.
The minutes from the committee meeting on 10/09 can be found here<https://unigames.ucc.asn.au/opdocs/minutes/2020/2020-09-10-unigames-minutes.md>.

Contact Unigames
If you want to contact Unigames committee, you can do so through our Facebook page or email us at uwaunigames at gmail.com<mailto://[email protected]>.

As always, our Discord lives at https://discord.gg/gXrnSvA<https://discord.gg/gXrnSvA?fbclid=IwAR27hEA18myxiymoE4kKo_JvlPoA7G_UxEOb1Kb6Ns2d5LALY5qDJxF8ww8> and is an easy way to get in touch with committee and other members.
<https://discord.gg/gXrnSvA?fbclid=IwAR27hEA18myxiymoE4kKo_JvlPoA7G_UxEOb1Kb6Ns2d5LALY5qDJxF8ww8>
Join the Unigames Discord Server!<https://discord.gg/gXrnSvA?fbclid=IwAR27hEA18myxiymoE4kKo_JvlPoA7G_UxEOb1Kb6Ns2d5LALY5qDJxF8ww8>
Check out the Unigames community on Discord - hang out with 222 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.
discord.gg

Be nice, roll dice!
- Autumn Brough
Unigames Secretary 2020