[Thinstation-developer] Re: dropbear glibc 2.1.3 compile error

Miles Roper mroper @.at.@ xtra.co.nz
Wed Jul 27 06:19:13 WST 2005

Hi Matt,

Any chance of getting a patch so I can include dropbear in Thinstation compiled with glibc2.1.3?  Or
even if you can give me something else to try, as I mentioned in a previous email I couldn't get the
typedef thing to work.  Below is the error again :o)  Problably something silly I'm doing :o)

ok, didn't work,

added this down the bottom of includes.h

typedef __ss_family ss_family;

got the below errors.  probably something simple, I'm not really that
conversant with C, so please be gentle ;o)

In file included from debug.h:28,
                  from includes.h:30,
                  from dbutil.c:51:
includes.h:141: parse error before `ss_family'
includes.h:141: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
In file included from compat.h:28,
                  from includes.h:116,
                  from dbutil.c:51:
includes.h:141: parse error before `ss_family'
includes.h:141: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
In file included from fake-rfc2553.h:45,
                  from includes.h:117,
                  from dbutil.c:51:
includes.h:141: parse error before `ss_family'
includes.h:141: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
In file included from dbutil.c:51:
includes.h:141: parse error before `ss_family'
includes.h:141: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
In file included from dbutil.h:29,
                  from dbutil.c:52:
includes.h:141: parse error before `ss_family'
includes.h:141: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
In file included from buffer.h:29,
                  from dbutil.h:30,
                  from dbutil.c:52:
includes.h:141: parse error before `ss_family'
includes.h:141: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
In file included from session.h:28,
                  from dbutil.c:54:
includes.h:141: parse error before `ss_family'
includes.h:141: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
In file included from dss.h:28,
                  from signkey.h:29,
                  from session.h:31,
                  from dbutil.c:54:
includes.h:141: parse error before `ss_family'
includes.h:141: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
In file included from rsa.h:28,
                  from signkey.h:30,
                  from session.h:31,
                  from dbutil.c:54:
includes.h:141: parse error before `ss_family'
includes.h:141: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
In file included from kex.h:28,
                  from session.h:32,
                  from dbutil.c:54:
includes.h:141: parse error before `ss_family'
includes.h:141: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
In file included from algo.h:29,
                  from kex.h:29,
                  from session.h:32,
                  from dbutil.c:54:
includes.h:141: parse error before `ss_family'
includes.h:141: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
In file included from auth.h:28,
                  from session.h:33,
                  from dbutil.c:54:
includes.h:141: parse error before `ss_family'
includes.h:141: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
In file included from channel.h:28,
                  from session.h:34,
                  from dbutil.c:54:
includes.h:141: parse error before `ss_family'
includes.h:141: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
In file included from packet.h:29,
                  from session.h:37,
                  from dbutil.c:54:
includes.h:141: parse error before `ss_family'
includes.h:141: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
In file included from loginrec.h:32,
                  from chansession.h:28,
                  from session.h:39,
                  from dbutil.c:54:
includes.h:141: parse error before `ss_family'
includes.h:141: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
In file included from atomicio.h:31,
                  from dbutil.c:55:
includes.h:141: parse error before `ss_family'
includes.h:141: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
dbutil.c: In function `getaddrstring':
dbutil.c:362: structure has no member named `ss_family'
dbutil.c:366: structure has no member named `ss_family'
dbutil.c: In function `getaddrhostname':
dbutil.c:404: structure has no member named `ss_family'
dbutil.c:408: structure has no member named `ss_family'
gcc: file path prefix `//lib' never used
make: *** [dbutil.o] Error 1