Dropbear 0.50 release
matt at ucc.asn.au
Thu Aug 9 00:08:58 WST 2007
Dropbear 0.50 is released. It has a few small features and a
few bugfixes. The most significant improvement is probably
the network performance.
0.50 - Wed 8 August 2007
- Add DROPBEAR_PASSWORD environment variable to specify a dbclient password
- Use /dev/urandom by default, since that's what everyone does anyway
- Correct vfork() use for uClinux in scp
(thanks to Alex Landau)
- Exit with an exit code of 1 if dropbear can't bind to any ports
(thanks to Nicolai Ehemann)
- Improve network performance and add a -W <receive_window> argument for
adjusting the tradeoff between network performance and memory consumption.
- Fix a problem where reply packets could be sent during key exchange,
in violation of the SSH spec. This could manifest itself with connections
being terminated after 8 hours with new TCP-forward connections being
- Add -K <keepalive_time> argument, ensuring that data is transmitted
over the connection at least every N seconds.
- dropbearkey will no longer generate DSS keys of sizes other than 1024
bits, as required by the DSS specification. (Other sizes are still
accepted for use to provide backwards compatibility).
More information about the Dropbear