dropbear scp server rejecting client with "Name or service not known"

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Sun Apr 8 12:48:37 WST 2012

Hi,

There isn't any scp specific code, so I think something else
must be going wrong. Does running "ssh tsct hostname" work?
(scp gets run as a command argument like that).

Could it be that 0.55 was compiled against a different libc
that has dependencies on libnss* or something? To me it
looks as if the "Error Resolving..." message is coming from
the client side, either scp or ssh. It's possible that it's
be getting written from the scp binary on the server though.