Dropbear on bare-metal ARM Cortex-M3?

Freddie Chopin freddie_chopin at op.pl
Tue Jul 31 19:07:54 WST 2012

Hi!

I was wondering whether it's possible (in a reasonable amount of time) to port
Dropbear to bare-metal platform - one without an OS (like Linux), but with RTOS
(FreeRTOS) that provides tasks, queues and synchronization (semaphores +
mutexes) + LwIP TCP/IP stack?

I would require a very minimal implementation of SSH server, without all
possible encryption options (the code/RAM footprint has to be low) and without
all possible features - ideally only simpliest SSH server that can pass received
strings to other parts of code and transfer strings from code via SSH to
connected client. Of course I'm talking only about command-line interface.

If Dropbear is not a good option for such task, do you have any other
recommendations?

Thx in advance for your help!

4\/3!!

FCh