[REGRESSION] dbclient hangs forever when using agent forwarding since 2014.63

Gui Iribarren gui at altermundi.net
Thu May 7 07:30:50 AWST 2015

On 06/05/15 20:08, Gui Iribarren wrote:
> On 06/05/15 19:58, Gui Iribarren wrote:
>> but, what would be the side-effects of disabling this? (or: what's the
>> idea behind CLI_IMMEDIATE_AUTH?)
>> maybe it was not "fixed" enough at the time it was committed / enabled
>> by default? ;)
>
> mmmh.. reading 2014.63 changelog:
>
> Fix DROPBEAR_CLI_IMMEDIATE_AUTH mode which saves a network round trip if
> the first public key succeeds. Still not enabled by default, needs more
> compatibility testing with other implementations

humpf, well, indeed it is disabled by default since 2014.63 release;
anyhow, it seems it doesn't make a difference whether
DROPBEAR_CLI_IMMEDIATE_AUTH is enabled or not, the bug persists.

in commit 61cecbb33 i can see code changes outside of
#ifdef DROPBEAR_CLI_IMMEDIATE_AUTH

but with my null C skills, this is as far as i dare to dig into this :)

otherwise willing to help,
gui