[RadioTelescope] Radiotelescope Project - First night update & findings

Trent Lloyd lathiat at bur.st
Tue Mar 30 18:38:49 WST 2010

Myself [LAT], Harry [HMC], Adam [EDO] and David [SLX] had a look at the telescope today, here's what we have found:

WARNING: There are LIVE 240V terminals exposed on several parts of the box, both in terms of the power supplies and even some leads running onto the logic board.  So please leave the box alone for now until we can put insulated covers and better warnings on those terminals!

The stepper motors are "HY200 3450 700A8"

This seems to mean Hybrid 200 steps/revolution 3.4 diameter, 5.0inch length, 7A, 1 shaft, 8 leads (Data sheet attached)