[tech] [[email protected]: Secondhand Alphastations]

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Dec 8 15:04:26 WST 1999

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 01:09:42PM +0800, David Manchester wrote:
> Erm, no... Repacholi thinks that there's an extended loan type configuration
> going on with the uVAXen and the 3000/300L. Someone call and clarify that.
> Repacholi's is the one with the RAM, BTW.

Ah - that's probably it. One is Mikolaj's, one is Repacholi's, and if
Mikolaj's is the currently unused one, so much the better.

[...]
> Centuri can ONLY take 32MB or 8MB SIMMs. The 16MBs are useful for the IPXes,
> Classics and ELCs, but not the Alphas.

OK.

Do the Suns need paired memory, or will singles do?

Stephen's going to check the prices from BBF components, who stock this
sort of RAM for Ciscos, etc.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal