[tech] [[email protected]: MacX - purchase about to occur.]

Ian McKellar ian at harvestroad.com.au
Fri Dec 10 18:55:18 WST 1999

I think it might be worth UCC buying MacOS X server - it looks cheap.

Ian

----- Forwarded message from Clare Johnstone <clare at cyllene.uwa.edu.au> -----

Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 17:29:30 +0800 (WST)
From: Clare Johnstone <clare at cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
To: Dirk Slawinski <slawinsk at cwr.uwa.edu.au>
cc: MacX <aad at arts.uwa.edu.au>, cmurphy at cyllene.uwa.edu.au,
        ivey at cwr.uwa.edu.au, oldham at cwr.uwa.edu.au, pawel at mech.uwa.edu.au,
        peterj at ee.uwa.edu.au, technical-contacts at uwa.edu.au,
        winter at cwr.uwa.edu.au
Subject: MacX   -  purchase about to occur.

MacX....
# Mac is running MacX as an X display server and the application is
# running on, e.g. , a remote Sun with the Display variable set to the
# Mac's IP address (DISPLAY=130.95.208.220:0.0). Ie Sun is the client and
# the MacX is the server.

Anyone interested in purchase of MacX now  - the price being
probably $67 for licence with shared media, but may be
$73 with shared media and manual.
We need to buy a minimum of 15 licences,
and hope to purchaes in about a week,
so please email your T-form number if you want to be included.

thank you
clare

--
Clare Johnstone, University Computing Services,
The University of Western Australia, Nedlands, 6907
Tel +61 8 9380 2607, Fax +61 8 9380 1109, Internet clare at ucs.uwa.edu.au

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Ian McKellar <imckellar at harvestroad.com>, Software Engineer
HarvestRoad Limited, Phone: 08 9384 4300, Fax: 08 9384 4377