[tech] Reliability of various UCC bits

Ian McKellar yakk at yakk.net.au
Thu Oct 14 22:20:12 WST 1999

On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 11:46:01AM +0800, David Manchester wrote:
> Just as a point of interest...
> Although its probably been up for longer, the overclocked mermaid
> has been up for 68 days. *yay*

*yay*

> Mussel's load has beeen over seven for several days, thanks in part
> to Yakk and Grahame both seemingly failing to install StarOffice.

*oops*

I've killed mine.

> The hardware's cool.. doesn't seem to have even blinked, even with a decent
> load.

Yes. I'm very impressed by how fast it is. I suspect its the amount of RAM
combined with the fact that we're not running an X server on the console, but
its noticably faster than my machine at home (a celeron 300 with 64m ram).

Ian

--
Ian  McKellar | Email: yakk(a)yakk.net   | Web: http://www.yakk.net/
Prefix: +61 8 | Fax/VoiceMail: 9265 0821 | Home: 9389 9162 | Work: 9380 3688