[tech] Machine room

David Manchester mustang at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Oct 15 20:36:24 WST 1999

> On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 07:52:04PM +0800, David Manchester wrote:
> [...]
> on something or other just _under_ the bench - I was worried that it had
> gone walkies until I eventually saw it there. Dunno about the other one.

OK. I'm thefting the TISC one for the weekend.
I just want to compare the speed with DAT for backing up my SS10.
I expect they'll be fairly close, but my DAT drives seem inordinately
slow, like 380KB/s-ish, which is a little crap.

I'll be safe & back soon.

Cheers
/dave

p.s. Didn't I bring in some tapes..? All I could find were your 160M ones,
Nick... I think there outta be some 112M crap ones about.
--
/  David Manchester <mustang at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au>  [TDH]  Netware/UNIX droid. \
Tell someone who's interested, tell someone who can keep their lunch digested