[tech] morwong - pt1

Grahame Bowland gbowland at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Apr 14 18:52:19 WST 2000

On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 02:28:20AM +0800, Simon Fryer wrote:
> Bing
>
> Have symlinked /var/spool/mail to /home/mail
>
> Have edited /usr/local/etc/Muttrc so that mail comes from and goes to the
> right places (I hope)!
>
> If someone has not already optimised morwongs sendmail.cf file for no
> spam relaying can someone please do so?

Okay, I fixed the Muttrc as it had started thinking addresses were
at gu.uwa.edu.au :-)

In other news, it now has the GNU fileutils (ls, cp, ... install) in
/usr/local/bin. These are useful to have around. I've also installed
a tonne of other free and much used stuff (gcc 2.8.1, will try for
2.9.x but I keep running out of hard drive space.)

Dispense is installed, but I'm still trying to figure how the server
can be configured to trust morwong. I also made it do the UCC motd
stuff today.

--
Grahame Bowland

Email: gbowland(a)gbowland.com           Web: http://www.gbowland.com/