[tech] AdvFS

Simon Fryer fryers at morwong.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Apr 18 13:38:22 WST 2000

Bing

> A while ago Duncan Sargeant tapped:

> Grahame Bowland wrote on Tue April 18, at 12:48 +0800:

> > We definitely want AdvFS on morwong for the new /home.
> >
> > Anyway, we can use AdvFS with the base Tru64 distribution. But
> > the nice GUI and utilities so that we can add new volumes on the
> > fly are seperately licensed. We need a license for "AdvFS Utilites"
> > apparently.
> >
> > Anyone know where we can get one, or should I contact UCS?
>
> lmf list | grep ADV

I thought the licences we needed where for the LSM (Logical Storage Manager)
>From what I could tell the AdvFS utils came prepacked with the system.

> ,dunc ... using morwong for the first time.  Mmmm, fast DU.  How novel.

Oh, I thought that morwong was a bit on the slow side.... Must have been
that other user, not quite enough memory and a slower CPU! :-)

See Ya
Simon
(used to compiles of small programs where the source is cached, the compiler
and linker are cached. The slowest bit is the time for the <enter> to be
processed and the prompt to return after the compilation.)

"Well, an engineer is not concerned with the truth; that is left to
philosophers and theologians: the prime concern of an engineer is
the utility of the final product."
Lectures on the Electrical Properties of Materials, L.Solymar, D.Walsh