[tech] Re: Door problems

Duncan Sargeant dunc at rcpt.to
Thu Jan 6 14:35:50 WST 2000

Nick Bannon wrote on Thu January 06, at 13:58 +0800:
> Yep, the door's dodgy. I suspect the modem or black box is overheating
> during the day.
>
> mooneye is producing the correct commands out its serial port, but
> sometimes they must be getting lost along the way.

What speed are the serial links?  If we aren't using hardware flow
control then anything > 9600 might be lossy.

Can we check for the modem's error response from whatever AT command
we are giving it?  (is there even a response?)

Can we eliminate the black box?

,dunc
Duncan Sargeant - dunc at rcpt.to
"First, never insult the giant purple iguanas in the corner, they are assholes
with no sense of humor. Second, don't touch the red button, if you do we are
all as good as dead. Welcome aboard, I am sure you will enjoy your stay." - G:ML