[tech] New HDD req for azure

Jean-Paul Blaquiere japester at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jan 14 22:11:37 WST 2000

> On Jan 14, David Manchester scrawled :

> Azure's hard drive is dead.
> It'll be way outta warranty.

that is bad, sad news.
has Mark Stephens sold off those hard drives he advertised (and mustang fwd'd
to the list last week)?  they looked cheap, but 2nd hand and not big.

> Can we purchase a new one..? OR - purchase a bigger SCSI disk for
> /home & stick that drive into the SGI?

I have a 2GB quantum we could poke in there temporarily, I will be needing it
in a few weeks, but can part with it until a permanent replacement is found.
It is only 10MHz ,narrow as well.

how much space does azure *really* need/use?  the idea of using the current
/home drive and getting a replacement there sounds good.

wave,
--
Jean-Paul Blaquiere
   japester at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au