[tech] router upgrade?

Grahame Bowland gbowland at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jan 17 10:45:36 WST 2000

> On Jan 17, David Manchester scrawled :

> > On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 09:35:46AM +0800, David Manchester wrote:
> > > Hiya - I've got a Pentium on a VX chipset board that I got for lo-cash.
> > > We've spoken of revisiting the router, quite often in the past...
> > > Does someone want to select a good case and PSU, and we'll implant this
> > > & swap the guts over next Friday or something?
> >
> > How many PCI slots does the current machine have? and how many does this
> > VX board have?
>
> Erm, three and four respectively IIRC.
>
> > We've budgeted to buy two more PCI Tulip's, if we were to change boards
> > we'd better make sure it's an improvement.
>
> Cool - so buy them. A couple of Netgears or somesuch would be a good go.
>
> Someone on committee want to take the initiative..?

If someone can tell me the name and approximate location of a reasonable
PC hardware store in Fremantle I'd be only too willing to help. We can
probably arrange cheques at tommmorow's committee meeting.

--
Grahame Bowland - UCC Sysadmin, Ordinary Committee Member

 Email: gbowland(a)ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
   Web: http://users.wantree.com.au/~bowest/gmb.html
Mobile: 0419 205 123