[tech] ADSL/USB linux support

Balmik Soin vyxn at vyxn.net
Wed Jan 26 08:14:48 WST 2000

morning ppl...

happy australia day btw...
(gotta rememerb to ring my bro!)
anyway, quick question...

lcoal telco is offering dirt cheap fast net access... but the catch is
they provide a adsl modem that connects to a USB port on your computer,
and so they state that it will only work with windows 98... NOT 95, or NT
or on a mac...

now of course i want to use a *nix box to dialin (as i am actually
planning to use it as backup bandwidth at work) and so i was wondering if
anyone could point me in the right direction to find out if this is
possible... or if they could tell me it isnt...

i have this fear the adsl modems they sell are the winmodems of the dsl
world, as they only cost $140, and they say only work on windows 98...

lacking in sleep once again,
balmik.

ps. anyone remember "Tang", the drink flavour stuff ? i found it last
night, that made my day :)