[tech] AVR

John West McKenna john at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Mar 26 13:12:42 WST 2000

I actually used one of my AVR chips yesterday (trying to do some fancy
lights for Karen's party).  Build board.  Plug board in.  Board doesn't
work.  Decide that it would be much happier if I cut the veroboard tracks
and don't short out the power supply.  It worked and programmed the first
time after that.

Electronics is not supposed to be this easy.

(In the end, I couldn't find the lights transformer.  I think it may have
been a victim of a UCC clean-up.  But the board runs, and the relays click)

I'll get the lights set up in the UCC, shining on the mirror ball.  It'll
be a nice little project for someone.  It'd be great to feed music into
the ADC and do clever beat-finding and things in software.  When the output
is measured in (low) Hz, and the input you're interested in is only the
bass, how much CPU grunt can you need?

John