[tech] ftp.uwa.edu.au

Grahame Bowland gbowland at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat May 20 15:51:15 WST 2000

On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 02:14:57PM +0800, Ian McKellar wrote:
> (2) Why bother?
>     ftp.q-net.net.au has a much more up to date debian mirror than UCS
> 		keeps (at least for i386) - and its on WAIX.

How do I make programs bind to the right interface? Surely we can
get free WAIX traffic, but nothing seems able to bind to the WAIX
interface rather than the UWA one.

> > Nick mutters about 13GB of IPI disk....

I'm going to set up on something, possibly the new sun boxes, a
CVS service. Computer Science and EE don't provide CVS for their
students -- if we provide it to our members and then advertise it,
perhaps some of the more interested CS students will join :-)

It'd be cool working on a group assignment using CVS.

Grahame Bowland                    gbowland at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
                                     http://gbowland.ucc.asn.au
                                                   0419 205 123