[tech] ftp.uwa.edu.au

Mikolaj J. Habryn dichro-mail-6599f00 at rcpt.to
Sat May 20 16:16:48 WST 2000

    GB> How do I make programs bind to the right interface? Surely we
    GB> can get free WAIX traffic, but nothing seems able to bind to
    GB> the WAIX interface rather than the UWA one.

  Routes, routes, routes. Point the default route via the WAIX
interface rather than the UWA one. This will take care of almost all
code. Anything that you want to use the UWA interface for (like UCS
services) route explicitly via the UWA interface.

    GB> I'm going to set up on something, possibly the new sun boxes,
    GB> a CVS service.

  A CVS Service (tm)? There isn't terribly much point. People can do
this now by setting up their own repositories, and talking to them via
ssh. All we need to do is create groups for them on demand. If you're
talking about the CVS pserver stuff, that would let you give
non-UCCans access to it (of questionable utility), but it would mean
keeping everything in the same repository, at least if you want to
access it via the pserver.

m, raining on parades since 1977.