[tech] mop on hydra

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Oct 3 18:12:37 WST 2000

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 05:30:14PM +0800, Duncan Sargeant wrote:
> Hmmm, how about making it near the end of the boot sequence?  If all you
> are worried about is waiting for a login on the console, ^C has
> never failed for me.  And don't point home directories at NFS.

Remotely, you want the router up as fast as possible...

You can mount it in the background, but you still have to wait for
the first timeout.

[viw]
> OK, looking at the code, you're meant to leave it locked out.  Its
> intended to only be used by root, I don't know if/how it deals with
> multiple people editing.  It needs a rewrite anyway ... :-)
[...]

Ah... Yes, it might. The way to handle multiple people editing is to
leave it checked out (unlocked) most of the time and require
successfully gaining the lock to edit it.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal