[tech] mop on hydra

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Oct 4 02:14:27 WST 2000

mopd's upgraded to version 2.5.4.

viw's not quite happy yet... README's currently locked by root, so it
won't let nick unlock/relock it (it knows it's me because I su'ed).

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 07:29:01PM +0800, Duncan Sargeant wrote:
> Nick Bannon wrote on Tue October 03, at 18:12 +0800:
> > Remotely, you want the router up as fast as possible...
>
> You emphasise my point precisely.  By mounting NFS last, (eg
> /etc/rc2.d/S99mountnfs), you have the router up° as fast as possible.
[...]

Well, there's also S99rmnologin - until then, all logins should be
denied... Not exactly an insurmountable problem, to be sure, but
it's a good thing to be certain that the router has no outside
dependencies (eg by abstaining from NFS and maybe DNS).

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal