[tech] Switchesu

Anil Sharma <Grand Poobah Maset> maset at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Sep 14 14:56:12 WST 2000

> That's been tried before - with bad consequences. Somehow the thing was
> constructed to blow cold air into the fans on the back of the rack -
> but the fans were trying to blow _hot_ air out into the duct. The air
> ended up going nowhere, and the rack got quite warm...

so change the polarity of the power going into the fans so that they
suck... or put them on the other sid.

> It would be able to work better than that, but you'd have to blow quite
> a lot of cold air into the base of the rack, not the top (hot air
> rises). That's a lot of ducting, and the ducting would have to be quite
> large diameter.

But it should be more effective than the pretty diffuse setup we have got
now.

Maset the Grandiose.
Without suffering,
how can one appreciate happiness?
And how would we mark the depths of our sorrow,
without the light of hope?