[tech] Vending machine brain

John West McKenna john at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jun 11 18:52:53 WST 2001

Mark Tearle writes:

>Cool, would you be able to put the dissassembly up somewhere...

http://www.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/~john/vend.asm

It's got a few comments on the bits I figured out before I got bored and
found something else to do.

It's not worth using any of the old software.  The disassembly is just to
figure out how the hardware was intended to be driven.  A first draft at
new software should be very simple: load the row and column you want into
the motor drivers, then wait for the home sensor to go off, then on again.
Once that's working you can get fancy with the buttons, display, and coin
mech.

John