[tech] Re: [ucc] WAIX is back

Mikolaj J. Habryn dichro-evo at rcpt.to
Fri Feb 1 12:19:45 WST 2002

On Fri, 2002-02-01 at 14:32, David Luyer wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-02-01 at 14:12, David Basden wrote:
> > Having tried to run these things in a production environment, I would
> > actively avoid anything with a Foundry badge on them.
> That said on the L4 front I can't really recommend Alteons either.
> We use them and don't have any serious problems with them but I've
> become aware of far more minor flaws I've had to work around than I'd
> like to.

Disagree. Our ServerIrons hum, and hum, and keep on humming. I've just
found what looks like a bug in them the past week - first problem we've
had with them in a year or more. The failover works, the load balancing
works, there's odd little behaviours where sometimes they miss rewriting
return packets, but on the whole, I love 'em.

Arrowpoints, by contrast, almightily suck. They aren't even up to
Cisco's normal reliability standards, let alone anything that actually
lets you sleep soundly at night.

m.