[tech] The BGP experiment...

Grahame Bowland grahame at azale.net
Thu Feb 14 22:38:12 WST 2002

Okay, I know there are some scary types out there.

Say you have this layout

[ WAIX ]

   .  < ebgp multihop >

[  UCS ] -> <ibgp> -> [ random servers wanting description
                        of WAIX ]

Now, I can do an iBGP session fine between two of my boxen
using zebra. However, the routes learned over the multihop
session aren't distributed to the other zebras because
WAIX isn't directly reachable, so the routes are not
of interest..

So, what is the trick? Should I use a route-map to change
the next hop to something local? I'd rather avoid this as
it seems like a hack and something might actually send
the traffic to me, which won't work.

Any ideas?

--
Grahame Bowland <grahame at azale.net>