[tech] Re: Excessive Bandwidth Use

Ian McKellar ian at mckellar.org
Sat Jul 27 02:57:43 WST 2002

On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 01:50, I am the LinuxAlien wrote:
> I am thinking of Joining UCC and was wondering if downloading the latest
> Debian ISOs and burning them was considered as excess bandwidth use?

No, given that we charge for downloads from outside of PARNET (or
something like that - I'm kind of out of the loop). On the other hand
the Debian ISOs (well, i386 anyway) are I believe available in our free
traffic area so thats not likely to be excessive at all. The "no
excessive traffic" provision is because we don't want people hosting
sites that will get a lot of traffic on our servers - we pay for the
traffic and we have no way of billing people for web pages served (and
really, we don't want to).

Ian