[tech] Burner vs. Diablo 2 (Re: [ucc] AGM Minutes)

Paul Marinceu elixxir at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Mar 25 20:01:12 WST 2002

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Nick Bannon wrote:

> I think you and Dave missed the bit:
>   Just to be clear - I'm all in favour of sticking the burner on a decent
>   workstation that's not going to keep getting rebooted into a single
>   user OS.

<nod>

> > So, whenever you guys decide, send me an email and I'll drop
> > in and help with the setting up.
>
> In the end it's only talk. If you want to help set up a workstation, go
> for it. Nobody needs to "decide" anything, it's your club.

Hmm, yeah, unfortunately there's a minor problem here:
Three rather:

1. I am not wheel (yet) thus I can't just poke around and install
anything I want.
2. Even if I was, I have no idea what machines ucc has lurking in dusty
corners that could be used to put the burner in (which one's the sparc??)
3. And even if I knew which one the sparc was, I'm not familiar with that
type of arch (neither am I familiar with the sgi arch).

So, that's why I kind of hoped someone else would be willing to help me do
it. Of course, since it was my idea I'll have to come along and help in
*some* way (like screwing off/on the case bolts etc... :-P)

Hence, email me when you're ready.

And thanks to all that support this,
Paul