[tech] Cobbler

Davyd 'proXy' Madeley davyd at zdlcomputing.com
Sat Feb 15 22:08:32 WST 2003

On Sat, 2003-02-15 at 22:02, Grahame Bowland (UCC) wrote:

> Fine. It still doesn't work, and I'm going to take care of it. Say hello
> to a Samba PDC and not having Admin unless you're in wheel! :-)
>
> (Also means nice things like getting your home area and your own
> desktop, and other good things.) And also not having your setup randomly
> blown away by some gumby.

I've wanted this done for ages!

Although... the problem with attempting to make cobbler a secure box, is
that is has that harddrive caddy, hence forth making it quite a bit
easier to root. Do you really want that gumby who shoved his harddrive
in gaining access to your home directory?

Then again, it can't be any less secure then the way our homedirs are
mounted now...

--
http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/

PGP Fingerprint <http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/pgp>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA