[tech] Centre table...

Grahame Bowland UCC grahame at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Feb 17 15:29:03 WST 2003

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 12:26:21PM +0800, Davyd 'proXy' Madeley wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 02:38, Grahame Bowland (UCC) wrote:
>
> > I hadn't thought about this much. I'm still guessing the easiest way is
> > wireless, that's what it's there for.
>
> *bangs Grahame on the head with his cane*
>
> PC's don't have wireless, and they're probably the biggest culprit.

What the hell are you ranting about?

Firstly, PC's can have wireless. Please observe the wireless gateway
flying.

Secondly, people bringing in their own PCs and setting them up on the
centre table just gets *antisocial*. Sitting around with laptops is
fine, but I don't suppose you remember a UCC when we had decent couches
and sat on them and talked.

If you want to bring in your own PC, fine. Set it up somewhere but do
not steal the ethernet from or in any way render unusable a UCC
terminal.